*** Fresh new website will go live early March, so continue to check back as submissions cannot be accepted until that time, however below is the information needed to make a proper submission ***
2019 WHITEWATER AWARDS IMPORTANT DATES
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE APRIL 2Oth, 2019
- VOTING BEGINS MAY 5-15th, 2019
** WE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOUR SUBMISSION TO BE CONSIDERED **
ALL VIDEO SUBMISSIONS NEED TO BE A VIMEO LINK and can include anything from APRIL, 21st 2018 – APRIL 20th, 2019
Certain categories accept submissions differently, so please check to see what is necessary for your submission. We don’t want to have anything not considered for things such as overlooking certain specifications. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
CATEGORIES INCLUDING: Rider of the Year, Grom of the Year, Photographer of the Year
- Athletes can submit their own Highlight Reel, or you can nominate another Rider but accolades need to be submitted with nomination.
- Photographers submit a link to your website or photo gallery.
CATEGORIES INCLUDING: Best Line Waterfall, Best Line Rapid, Best Trick, Downriver Freestyle, Honey Badger, Best of Beatering, GoPro Line of the Year
- Max Video Length – 3 mins.
- Riders may submit 3 submissions per category.
- Freestyle tricks : please enter 1 trick per submission, and try to have edit as close around the trick as possible.
CATEGORIES INCLUDING: Expedition of the Year, River Stewardship
- Need to have a written reason explaining nomination.
- Video links can be submitted as well.
CATEGORIES INCLUDING: Photo of the Year, GoPro Photo of the Year, Short Film of the Year, and Long Film of the Year
- 1 submission per Photo and Video category.
- Short Video 7 minutes or less.
- Long Video 7 minutes or more (teaser shown at Whitewater Awards).
Riders in Association of Whitewater Professionals vote through their Facebook Profile or through google. If you aren’t part of the AWP on Facebook and want to be, email email@example.com.
*The better your submission is edited / cut (with or without music) will increase the chance it will be shared on Whitewater Awards social media !!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME ENERGY AND SUBMISSIONS !!